Saturday, April 4, 2009


It is a great day to be outside. Because I have some discipline, I will stay inside and continue to paint. (My open house is less than a month away.) Just as snow blankets the earth, I ,too, have blanketed my landscape with the "Ohio Star" quilt pattern. This is one of four prints in which I have used local homes and quilt patterns for my subject matter. I still enjoy working with patterns as a method of unifying my work and adding a different look to my subject. I hope that this painting brings a sense of serenity to its viewers. The historical homes are Lancaster, Ohio. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I like the symbolism in this one a lot, and how you've managed "technically" to spread the quilt over the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the paintings you did in this style. Do you ever do commision work? Btw, my name is Patti, and I was a student of yours around 1980. I also gave you the storage unit from OSU. I hope it's been a help to you! :o)

    ReplyDelete