Thursday, July 9, 2009

This is a cropped full sheet painting that I just completed. I painted all day yesterday and through the night. At 5:30 a.m. I needed a break for a little shut eye. After breakfast it was back to this painting. At 1:30 I needed to be in the hills to put up my display for the Lilyfest this weekend. Two hours later I returned home. After working a short time. I stopped to make a quick trip to Columbus. Arriving home I continue to work on this painting. Because I must produce a large quantity of work in order to do outdoor art festivals, I find myself going many different directions. This helps make my days(and nights) more interesting. We carry about 30 framed pieces with us to all shows. If I sell work then I must replace it. Undoubtedly I always find passages in the piece that I would do differently if beginning again. (Paintng is much like life in this aspect-there are so many things that I would approach differently given the opportunity.)
Hope to see you at the Lilyfest.

2 comments:

  1. This is totally awesome! I assume it sold; if not, let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete