Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We just finished hanging 32 pieces of work for the annual art walk in downtown Lancaster. For this 12 day exhibit, I have included many pieces that have never been shown. It is always exciting to get reactions about new work. Because of the great diversity of my work, I often hear ,"Did the same person do all of these?". I reply that it is curiosity that fosters the many different appearances of my work. While I enjoy working with all of the basics, I do not want the my of paintings to be photographic. There is the need to go beyond the mastery of watercolor techniques. I want to bring something to my paintings that fosters independent thought. This need is the starting point for the real adventure in painting. For me, it takes real courage to create images that are not traditional in their appearance. Creating images that "look real" is a measuring stick that I could and should learn to live without in my painting. I hope that this blog serves as documentation that I do,indeed, possess skills of watercolor mastery and that my search for self through experimentation is a continuous process. I have been fortunate that my followers have encouraged this exploration. Sooooo......Paint on Ed! Paint on!

No comments:

Post a Comment